*** Important Updates***
- Due to piping plover restrictions, we will not be able to rent the Keeper’s Cottage for the summer of 2022.
- Due to COVID-19 uncertainty and restrictions, we will not be giving tours.
About the Cottage
The Keeper’s Cottage is a beautiful 4 bedroom, two-full-bath house that can sleep 14, as two bedrooms have queen-size beds, and the other two are set up as bunk rooms for kids. It was built in 1962 by the Coast Guard to house the light house keepers, but it was completely renovated in 2007 by Project Gurnet and Bug Lights, Inc. — a non-profit charity.
Overlooking Plymouth and Cape Cod Bay, it’s the perfect vacation spot of family and friends, with more land than any comparable waterfront rental. 100% of the rental profits go to Project Gurnet and Bug Lights, Inc. to be used for restoration, preservation, education and maintenance of both The Plymouth Light Station/Fort Andrew (Gurnet Light & Keeper’s Cottage) and Duxbury Pier Light (Bug Light), and to encourage public awareness and support of these unique historical monuments to our nautical past.
Updated rates will be available when we are again able to rent the cottage.
Rentals are from Saturday at 4:00 PM to Saturday at 10:00 AM.
RENTAL DEPOSIT POLICY
- 50% due upon reservation of dates. A signed rental agreement must be completed at least 45 days before arrival.
- Remaining 50% balance (& $500 security deposit) due 30 days before arrival.
CANCELLATION POLICY Notice of Cancellation must be in writing and reported to us at least 30 days before arrival. Monies received will be refunded only if the premises are re-booked for the same reservation period and same rental amount. NO MONIES will be refunded if the property cannot be rebooked. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FOR CANCELLATIONS THAT ARE LESS THAN 30 DAYS prior to arrival and NO REFUNDS if there is payment outstanding. You are responsible for the entire contracted amount of the rental.
REFUNDABLE SECURITY DEPOSIT: Security Deposit checks are cashed and deposited in a non-interest bearing escrow account as required by law. It is our policy to return Security Deposits returned within 30 days of departure after we have verified the following:
- NO Broken or missing items
- NO damages
- NO excessive cleaning required after check-out
CHECK-IN PROCEDURES Check-in is between 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. If you will be arriving later than 5:00 pm please call us to make special arrangements to pick your rental information. Please bring photo ID to check-in; refer to the instructions sent with your rental agreement for check-in.
CHECK-OUT REQUIREMENTS Check out time is 10:00am. Additional information will be provided to you at Check-In. In general we ask the following:
- Please perform basic cleaning (e.g. broom swept floors and vacuumed carpets, all counter tops wiped down, refrigerator emptied). If you have any questions or concerns please ask.
- Please comply with the 10:00 AM check-out time.
- Please be considerate of the cleaner’s schedule and the incoming tenants.
Noncompliance with our Check-Out Requirements may impact your ability to make future reservations and/or impact the return of all or a portion of your refundable Security Deposit
Please note: Project Gurnet and Bug Lights, Inc. is not responsible for lost, stolen or forgotten items. In some cases we may ask you pay for the shipping costs to return your items.
SORRY, NO WEDDINGS!
100% of all rental fees go to benefit Project Gurnet & Bug Lights, Inc.